Leicester rejoined the Saracens in the finale du championnat anglais

The poster of the final of the English Championship is known: Leicester will face the Saracens, after their win on Saturday against Northampton (27-14).

The final of the English rugby championship will take on the Saracens, returning to the top level after their (34-17) win over the title-holding Harlequins to the best regular team, Leicester, who beat Northampton 27-14.

Administratively reinstated at the end of the 2019/2020 season for repeated violations of the salary ceiling, the Saracens were immediately back in the elite to finish Leicester’s dolphins after 24 days.

The poster is more logical, the “Sarries” and the Tigers having won their two confrontations against their opponents in the middle and benefiting from the advantage of the field.

Saracens, however, was known for slowing down, the Harlequins leading 12-3 after 20 minutes, with a strong try by Alex Dombrandt (3rd) and a second-half Danny Care, served high by Marcus Smith after a sublime percussion of the young opener of the XV of England.

The Saracens then woke up at the urging of their flanker Ben Earl, who once again justified his designation as a Premier League player. Joe Marler and Will Evans’ double-laying attempt was a fact to explode before he stretched all his way to apply at arm’s length (8-12, 24th).

Profiting from an adverse yellow cardboard, for a dangerous plaque that left an impressive cut on the back of Owen Farrell’s skull, the premises then passed in front. Farrell, who had apparently kept all his spirits up, offered Nick Tompkins an easy test, a very nice pass under his stomach and while he was on the ground (15-12, 35th).

The Saracens were nailed the nail early in the second period by the inconvenient Earl (20-12, 41st), and then by Aled Davies (27-12, 53rd). But three yellow cards against Elliot Daly (57th), Billy Vunipola (63rd) and Alex Lozowski (73rd) could have cost them dearly, an attempt by Cadan Murley to bring the Harlequins to 10 points (27-17, 66th).

Even in digital inferiority, the Saracens finished beautifully, with a third try, in force, with Ben Earl logically elected man of the match (34-17, 80th).

In the other semi-finals, Leicester had to battle to get away from Northampton who may regret the chances of trials left on the road, including by their South African aide Courtnall Skosan.

After a highly disputed first period but without a try (6-6), the Tigers, reduced to 14 after a yellow card in extra time in the first act, cracked the first, on a try by Tony Freeman (6-11, 47th. ), whose transformation was led by Dan Biggar.

Leicester reacted quickly to his half-international George Ford, author of 22 of his team’s 27 points and who fell into a break, after a lapse, to land on the posts (13-11, 52nd. ).

But the turning point of the match was the yellow card addressed to the Saints Oisin Heffernan (63rd) pillar, when he was 16-14.

Freddy Stewart’s trial, five minutes later, cleared the first important gap (21-14), before Ford added two penalties.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.