With a tendency to think that owning a Volkswagen Golf is always a good investment. But is this really the case? Sumagot with the seventh generation of the German compact.
Generally, when driving towards a Volkswagen Golf, whether it is a nine or an occasion, it is because one is in search of a versatile and historyless car. Fine, comfortable, comfortable, rather pleasant to drive, the first assertion is true if we are particularly interested in the seventh generation of the German compact. The second is the least. Hindi, this is not because it is a German car but the quality/reliability balance is unpredictable, a belief still strong.
Presentation of Volkswagen Golf VII (2012-2020)
Otherwise, the VW Golf VII is a great cross on the performance plan. The habits of Volkswagen products will not be spoiled by putting on board this seventh mouture. From the first wheel turns, they will account for the progress she has made relative to her predecessor. More incisive and agile than its predecessor, she is enchanted by the agility of conduct that distillates and the comfort that it produceseven if some treachery is perceptible and that it is not enough to go back to the untouchable Peugeot 308. The usability is to be cited for example as the safe is one of the most spacious in the category. It is regrettable, however, that versions of less than 120 ch do not have the multibra rear train. Debuting 2018, the engine offering was almost completely renewed.
The VW Golf VII on résumé
- Sale from Nov. 2012 to February 2020
- Exists in 3, 5-porte and break
- Restylée in November 2016
- L/l/h (m): 4.26/1.80/1.45
- Break: 4.56/1.80/1.48
- Vol. coffre (dm3): 380 (Break: 605)
- Vol. reservoir (l): 50
- Trendline: ABS/ESP, 7 airbags, climate, speed limiter, keyboard, regulator, CD-MP3 radio, electric headlights and windows, centralized control, height and depth adjustable steering wheel, split bench
- Confortline: add car air conditioning, alloy wheels, lights and car windshield wiper, parking aid
- Carat: add GPS, leather saddle
A balance of quality/reliability in the lower average
The high quality/capability of the Volkswagen Golf VII is not a disaster, otherwise it is brilliant and not included. In the last reliability survey where it was figured (number 873), the German had only reached 9th position among compact sedans … on 14 models analyzed. On the mechanical level, and whether you choose a petrol or diesel model, the anomalies are quite numerous. In many models, oil consumption is for example to monitor. Among the other elements to monitor, Golf 7 replicas are also frequently known for cases of premature wear of amortizers. Thus, one can also note many electrical bugs that affect the GPS or the driving aids. Golf takes its revenge in terms of quality. Certainly, at the same time, an Audi A3 is even better, but the Golf 7 and never went to rougir at this point. She does it even better than her replacement.
- 1.2 and 1.4 TSI: overconsumption of refractory oil, sometimes due to the oil pump (failure)
- 1.4 TSI ACT (150): grips of the active cylinder management system, cooling fluid consumption. 1.4 TSI 125 High pressure pump can refuse all service
- 1.6 TDI: the turbo is fragile
- Diesel: electronic management problems (refusal to start, crashes, unauthorized passage in degraded mode), failing water pump
- 2.0 TDI 150 & 1.5 TSI 150: oil consumption
- Air conditioning: leaks on the first models and noisy detector. Also non-functioning.
- DSG 7 automatic box: malfunctions or malfunctioning, an oil change may solve the problem
- Amortisseurs: in the rear, they can generate noise in the habitat. Premature use of all four
- Electronics: reported bugs, especially at the level of the GPS or the car radio, impossibility of lowering the parking brake
- Door joints: not enough air friction, they can cause gusts up to 100 km/h
- Train avant: silent blocks and damping screws can be of the origin of cracks and grinding
All motors of the VW Golf VII
|Motorization1.2/1.0 TSI 85||EnergyEssence||Our opinionIt’s not very powerful, but this little 1.2 doesn’t go wrong. Pour the petits rouleurs.|
|Motorization1.2 TSI 105/110||EnergyEssence||Our opinionPreferable to the 85 ch version, this block will satisfy the majority and no longer consume.|
|Motorization1.0 TSI 115||EnergyEssence||Our opinionHis good will is amazing, but his voice is not pleasant. 110 ch with DSG.|
|Motorization1.4 TSI 125||EnergyEssence||Our opinionThe best compromise in essence on the Golf. He deserves all your attention.|
|Motorization1.4 TSI 140/150||EnergyEssence||Our opinionAn engine for certain driving, and for controlled consumption.|
|Motorization1.5 TSI EVO 130/150||EnergyEssence||Our opinionAt 1.5 taking place de l’ancien 1.4, there is no specific talent.|
|Motorization2.0 TSI GTI 220/230||EnergyEssence||Our opinionSportive version of the range, the GTI does not aggravate and offers specific comfort.|
|Motorization1.6 TDI 90/110||EnergyDiesel||Our opinionSi le 90 ch manque de brio, ang versi 110 ch ravira les rouleurs au long cours.|
|Motorization2.0 TDI 150||EnergyDiesel||Our opinionBesides making the GTD, cette Golf TDI 150 is representative of summum and diesel.|
|Motorization2.0 TDI 184||EnergyDiesel||Our opinionExquisite performances and a remarkable sobriety. But the comfort in pâté.|
Which VW Golf VII engine to choose?
1.0 TSI 115 ch
I published it 12/06/2022 Updated the 12/06/2022 Hugo Dupont and The Editor